Join Our Team
Unique and rewarding career opportunities
Join the Science History Institute and help us tell the stories behind the science.
We offer a collaborative, supportive, and diverse work environment with people dedicated to collecting, preserving, interpreting, and sharing the history of science. Learn something new every day from colleagues who are eager to share their knowledge and expertise.
Located in historic Old City Philadelphia, the Institute is easily accessible by car or public transportation from surrounding city neighborhoods and nearby counties in Pennsylvania, as well as from New Jersey and Delaware.
The Science History Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented groups such as women, racioethnic minorities, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities to apply.
Benefits that make a difference
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive salary and benefits package:
- 100% employer-paid medical, prescription, and dental insurance for employees
- Employer contribution towards the cost of spousal and dependent medical, prescription, and dental insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match up to 6%
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings accounts (HSA) with employer contributions
- Pre-tax transportation and parking subsidy program
- Life insurance
- Travel assistance program
- Discounted pet insurance
Featured image: Detail of Plate 5: Elements from John Dalton’s A New System of Chemical Philosophy, 1810. Science History Institute.